DONATING TO CARE IS MORE THAN A GIFT … IT’S A COMMITMENT TO EQUITY.
All of us have biases, it’s a part of being human. But it’s important to address biases, especially when you’re in the business of lifesaving. CARE wants every adoptable dog and cat to be placed in a loving environment. With your support, CARE will advocate for those too often denied the opportunity to adopt a pet. A more inclusive path to pet adoption will save thousands of lives. CARE is a 501(c)(3) organization.
In support of African American Vet Students all donations received during
February 2021 will go toward the Dr. Jodie G. Blackwell Scholarship Fund
CARE HAS FOUR DIVISIONS
Each division is managed separately but all work together toward one end—bringing diverse voices to the Animal Welfare industry while also advocating for a more inclusive path to pet adoption. Aside from donating to our general fund, feel free to donate toward specific divisions of interest. Thank you for your lifesaving support!
- Collect data on current biases
- Design Science-Based curricula to reduce biases
- Produce White Papers
- Recruit Executives of Color for AWO
- Record and present positive adoption stories from diverse audiences
- Develop, Produce, and Distribute narratives that focus on diverse audiences and the bond they share with their pets
- Individualized training for Animal Welfare organizations seeking to reduce internal biases
- Distribute toolkits on reducing internal biases
- Advocate for the reduction of bias industry wide