DONATING TO CARE IS MORE THAN A GIFT … IT’S A COMMITMENT TO EQUITY.
All of us have biases, it’s a part of being human. But it’s important to address biases, especially when you’re in the business of lifesaving. CARE wants every adoptable dog and cat to be placed in a loving environment. With your support, CARE will advocate for those too often denied the opportunity to adopt a pet. A more inclusive path to pet adoption will save thousands of lives. CARE is a 501(c)(3) organization.
CARE HAS THREE DIVISIONS
Each division is managed separately but all work together toward one end—bringing diverse voices to the Animal Welfare industry while also advocating for a more inclusive path to pet adoption. Aside from donating to our general fund, feel free to donate toward specific divisions of interest. Thank you for your lifesaving support!
RESEARCH DIVISION SCOPE
- Collect data on current biases
- Design Science-Based curricula to reduce biases
- Produce White Papers
- Recruit Executives of Color for AWO
Partners: Harvard’s Project Implicit
Dr. William Cox, University of Wisconsin-Madison
NARRATIVE DIVISION SCOPE
- Record and present positive adoption stories from diverse audiences
- Develop, Produce, and Distribute narratives that focus on diverse audiences and the bond they share with their pets
Partners: Benam Films | Achilles Pr
EDUCATION DIVISION SCOPE
- Individualized training for Animal Welfare organizations seeking to reduce internal biases
- Distribute toolkits on reducing internal biases
- Advocate for the reduction of bias industry wide